Location: Agile House, 2 Manor Court, Barnes Wallis Road, Segensworth PO15 5TH
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum
The standard working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
About the company:
We are a small company (25 staff) that has become the leading supplier of ICT solutions to schools on the South Coast. We are the only provider in their market to have ever been selected to feature in the Parliamentary Review, as an example of outstanding achievement and best practice in the technology sector. We have also been awarded Best Education ICT Supplier 2020 by SME News. We have a unique solution offering which provides a clear differentiator against their competition. Our company is financially strong with a strategy to build for the long-term offering outstanding service to their customers and long-term job security for our staff.
The role of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
The role of Senior Infrastructure Engineer will involve working as part of a small team providing remote and on-site support to schools. This role will be the technical guru, the “go-to” person for resolving the most complex support issues and to help us refine and improve their holistic technical offering. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience within IT infrastructure support, gained industry recognised IT qualifications and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
We will only consider current UK residents for this role. This role is subject to a clear Enhanced DBS check and you must have a full UK driver’s licence.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will need experience and understanding of the following:
- Windows Server 2022/2019/2016
- Windows 10/11 desktop systems
- Hyper-V/VMWare/High Availability
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Deployment Services – WDS/MDT/WSUS/End-Point Manager
- Networking (Switching/VLANs/Routing/Firewalls)
- Network Security
- Managed Internet/Web Filtering/Threat prevention
- Managed Antivirus
- Managed Backup
- Enterprise Wireless administration
- Internet/Web Filtering
- Experience with IT monitoring solutions (SNMP/WMI)
- Scripting in PowerShell/Bash/CLI
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Benefits:
- 28 days paid holiday including Statutory Holidays
- Zero excess Private Medical Cover
- Contribution Matched Pension Scheme
- A pleasant working environment with an interesting and varied role
- Free onsite parking
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Senior Infrastructure Engineer role is right for you then please apply today with your CV and Covering Letter!